WEEK #9 CHALLENGE
ELIMINATE AN INDULGENCE & TELL A TEAMMATE WHAT YOU'RE GIVING UP!
Definition: indulge
1. To yield to the desires and whims of, especially to an excessive degree.
2.a. To yield to; gratify. b. To allow (oneself) unrestrained gratification:
This week we are eliminating an indulgence that may not be categorized as a sweet, but may still be holding us back from our ultimate health goal. Here are a few examples of what has held me & others back in the past and you may be finding yourself indulging in now: Granola Bars, Fruit Snacks, Second Helpings (this one's mine), Chips, Cheese, Sugary Cereals (think Cap'n Crunch), etc. Basically, think of that one thing that you KNOW you indulge in and GIVE IT UP this week. It's another all or nothing deal (we're getting closer to the end, so it's not going to get much easier, sorry). If you give up your indulgence this week and tell a teammate about it you will earn 35 pts! If not, you will earn zero pts. Good luck this week!
Your loving host,
Dianne
My personal indulgence is fried foods. I'll be staying away from anything that was dipped into boiling hot oil and turned into a crispy golden bit of deliciousness.
ReplyDeleteI gave up my "handful of chocolate chips" habit when we started this, but I still put a few into otherwise healthy baked recipes, so I'm giving up all the chocolate chips this week!
ReplyDeleteCharity
I gave up getting to full when I eat. This is a bit subjective but I have it fairly well defined.
ReplyDeleteIt comes from a philosophy of only eating until you are 80% full. A long living group of Japanese have this philosophy.
James
I have been doing so well without mountain dew! I love how this challenge helps me push myself to be healthier.
ReplyDeleteGood for you Irene!! The Dew is a hard thing to kick.... a few years ago I had to stop drinking it because the caffeine was making me sick and it still took a couple of months to get over... and many nights up staying up being ill. I can occasionally have a little now and I SO respect you for giving it up for a week! Over half way done with the week.... YOU CAN DO IT!
ReplyDelete